Thursday, August 16, 2018

Experience: The Greatest Teacher


Experiences are the greatest tutor. Experience teaches us so many things in every strides of our life. And those lessons repercussions our personality. Experiences can teach us economics also. Let’s delineate such a real life experience of mine.
After appearing in a national level entrance exam, I applied in a few b-school for pursuing PGDM and got an opportunity to study PGDM from 5 b-schools. IBA Bangalore and Globsyn Kolkata are two colleges among them. For me, both of these two colleges situate in a same indifference curve. Both of them can give me same level of utility. I thought that, IBA is able to give me good quality of education, but Globsyn is only 118 km away from my home, so I can stay in touch with my family, friends and relatives. So the locus of Globsyn and IBA are in a same Iso-utility curve for me. Eventually, I selected IBA for good quality of education. The graph attached here will clarify this economics concept.
From the mentioned graph, it is clear that both of the two colleges are situate in same indifference curve U0. So both of them will give same level of utility, only the combination of dimensions are different. For good quality of education, I’ll have to sacrifice family life or vice-versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPACT OF SOCIETY /SOCIAL GROUPS ON PURCHASE INTENTIONS OF HOME BUYING- Consumers are the most important factor that will make any bus...