Saturday, August 25, 2018

Mid term taught me economics

After coming in IBA, it was quite time taking for me to get familiar with the course, as it was very different from my b.tech studies.
The sudden announcement of exam made me shocked because I was not at all prepared.
I started studying and before the announcement of exam date self study time was less than 2hours but after getting routine it was more than 4hrs, later it was near about 5 hours, finally it was whole night (~10hours) just one day before exam. That means,
With the decreasing duration before exam,my demand for study was increasing.
It was one week before my exam, friends were going for weekend outing and they invited me to join with them. After hectic six days I wanted some relaxation but exam was nearer. I faced Trade off.
If I join them it would be very enjoyable but if I stay in hotel I can prepare well for my exam,so I decided to opt for staying in hostel instead of going out. So, weekend outing is an opportunity cost for me here.
One night before exam I studied till 5 AM. Upto 2 AM, I was energetic and was able to memorize everything easily. Just after that I started feeling saturated and could able to memorize less no of things. With passing time I was studying but my capacity to memorize things were decreasing, finally I could remember nothing at 5 AM. Here 2 AM is a Margin. After that the rate diminishes. In economics we say diminishing rate of return.
As I was unable to remember things,I was very nervous and praying for at least 50 marks to be common but when I saw the paper,it was full marks i.e 100 common to me. Here (100-50)=50 marks is surplus to me.
Now waiting for my result. It's my assumption, according to ordinal measurement I'll see myself within top 30. Let's hope for the best.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPACT OF SOCIETY /SOCIAL GROUPS ON PURCHASE INTENTIONS OF HOME BUYING- Consumers are the most important factor that will make any bus...