Saturday, September 1, 2018

You cannot get all that you want

This incident happened to me last week when I had gone to Dmart(A one-stop supermarket). After I had chosen all the items I wanted to buy, I had presented them to the counter for billing. The person at the counter had totaled the amount to be Rs 1740, but I only had  Rs 1500 with me as part of my budget. At the moment I had to leave a few items at the counter and so I could not get all that I had selected. I even had to reduce the quantity of a few items. This is a classic example of what is known as people face trade-offs

The supply of money is in no way unlimited to any person, therefore when they make a purchasing decision, the amount of money spent on one commodity affects the share of money spent on another. In such a way people in their day to day life come across innumerable such incidents that are known as Trade-offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPACT OF SOCIETY /SOCIAL GROUPS ON PURCHASE INTENTIONS OF HOME BUYING- Consumers are the most important factor that will make any bus...