Saturday, September 15, 2018

Concept of Indifference Curve & consumer surplus with life examples


Indifference  Curve:
It is a locus of all such points which shows different combination of two commodities which yield equal satisfaction to the consumer , so that he is indifferent to the particular combination he consumes.
Eg: if I am taking one apple its giving me 1 util, at the same time if I taking 10 oranges its giving me 1 util , for better understanding let me show one table.


Combination of apple & oranges

Apples

Oranges
A
1
10
B
2
7
C
3
5
D
4
4

Consumer surplus:
The difference between the amount consumer willingly and able to pay to buy any goods or services and the amount consumer actually pays to buy the products and services.
Example 1:
 I went to shop to purchase a T shirt the seller said it costs 800 rs I negotiate for 600 rs here the consumer surplus is 200 rs i.e.(800- 600)=200
Example 2:
 When I was in intermediate I went to purchase a second hand bike the seller said it costs 66,500 rs I negotiate for 63,000. Here the consumer surplus is 3,500 rs i.e.(66,500-63,000)



No comments:

Post a Comment

IMPACT OF SOCIETY /SOCIAL GROUPS ON PURCHASE INTENTIONS OF HOME BUYING- Consumers are the most important factor that will make any bus...